[phd.students.socioeco] The weekend and beyond.

Ann Hartell ahartell at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 10:24:51 CET 2016

With the turn of the seasons, it seems like a good time to check in with
team phd socioeco. This listserv is awfully quiet and we are spread all
over campus. So what's up?

How about a coffee meet up in the next two weeks to re-connect, chat
about our work, and swap resources (or tales of woe)?  I propose an
hour, sometime in the next couple of weeks, somewhere on campus (room
TBA). Here's a little Doodle poll to get us started:

http://doodle.com/poll/yt2fb8hpz3egwany

(Feel free to circulate this to others who might like to join!)

Till then . . .

Eyes On
All month, various venues.
It's the European Month of Photography and Vienna is in on the party.
Program with all the openings, shows and workshop here:
http://eyes-on.at/2016/en

Wien Modern Festival
Thru November Various venues.
The opening concerts will be in the awesome Semperdepot, Lehargasse 6-8,
1060.
The full program is here:
http://wienmodern.at/

Nu Nudes
Thru Saturday, gärtnergasse 14, 1030, SWDZ
Exhibition of nude photography. Details here, but Facebook won't give
you a preview!
https://www.facebook.com/events/1797465953871846/
Free!

Tierrechte Jetz!
Saturday, 5 November, 12- 13.00, Schwartzenbergplatz.
You need to sign up in advance to participate. Expect the media to show
up, too.
http://vgt.at/tierrechte-jetzt/takepart-de.php
Free!

Urban 2016
Saturday and Sunday, 10.30 - 17.30, Novomatic Forum Friedrichstraase 7, 1010
Cool design for city folks. Pay 5 Euros to play.
http://urban-vienna.at/

Flohmarkt im Liechtensteinpark
Saturday and Sunday, 9 - 16.00, 1060
https://www.facebook.com/events/1678468169149357/

And a little market just for the gentlemen: the Bro Markt. Saturday,
Hafenjunge, 106 16 - 21.00
https://www.facebook.com/events/1584898985152862

Tag der Wiener Spaziergäng
Saturday, 5, November, various times, meet up at the 21er Haus.
Three different themed walks organized by the Verein of People Who Walk
Around Vienna Waving a Little Stick Leading Tourist Flocks. Go with a
pro to the Hauptbahnhof, das Arsenal, and the Belvedere gardens/grounds.
Details:
https://www.facebook.com/events/806641736142881/
Free!

'Sex in Wien'
Thru January, Wien Museum Karlsplatz. This Sunday (1st Sunday of the
month), free admission. 10 - 18.00
http://www.wienmuseum.at/de/aktuelle-ausstellungen/ansicht/sex-in-wienlust-kontrolle-ungehorsam.html
Free!

A.

--

Doctoral Candidate
Institute for Multi-Level Governance and Development

Personal: annhartell.com