[phd.students.socioeco] Celebrate Dictionary Day (and more . . . )

Ann Hartell ahartell at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 13:04:54 CEST 2015

*Saturday is Dictionary Day*
A most special day set aside to honor Noah Webster (b. 16 Oct 1758), the
'Father of the American Dictionary'. Webster wrote/compiled the first
dictionary to include uniquely American words, and it took him 27 years to
do it.  Only a bit longer than the typical dissertation. Go Noah!

*RadKult Wien Festival #4*
Today thru Sunday, Everywhere.
Pump up your tires and go play in the streets with the RadRowdies.
Highlights: Friday, 17.00 the Critical Mass ride leaves
Schwartzenbergplatz, followed by a bike film night at Gartenbaukino. (Pay
as you wish.)
Saturday is street action and street performance day.
Sunday join the Tweed Ride (14.00 from Burghof, Innere Stadt) and street
food/craft beer festival (16.00 at the WUK, Wahringer Strasse 59).
Full program details here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/163850020625031/
and here:
http://www.tweedride.at/

*Projekt Garderobe*
Friday, 19-22.00
Kirchberggasse 11, 1090
Hand-me-downs for grownups! Take 7 items of clothing and trade for stuff
from someone else's garderobe.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1503416799973095

*Flohmarkt in Liechtensteinpark*
Fuerstengasse 1, 1090
Saturday, from 9.00 on.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1644021645877802

*Open House at the Winter Palais*, Belvedere.
Saturday and Sunday.
https://www.belvedere.at/de/open-house-2015
Free!

*Coming up:*
'Publishing Your Research in Scholarly Journals - A Street Fighter's Guide'
by Dr Richard Croucher, Middlesex University London
Author talk sponsored by the Institute for Human Resource Management.
Tuesday, October 20, 11.30 - 12.45, D2.0.392.

"The purpose of this short book is to help all those interested in
publishing their research in scholarly journals or who are already doing
that and wish to improve their performance. . . .The book will be
especially useful to those people who research in social science, business
and management, law, education or history. I provide a systematic and
practical set of advice and tips in a grounded way based on my experience
and taking a pragmatic rather than a purist approach: hence ‘a street
fighter’s guide’."

Cheers!

Ann