[phd.students.socioeco] Like Baudelaire said:

Ann Hartell ahartell at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 08:43:54 CEST 2016

“What strange phenomena we find in a great city, all we need do is
stroll about with our eyes open. Life swarms with innocent monsters.”

How to be monstrous this weekend:

Michaelangelo comes to Vienna
Thursday thru Sunday, 10 - 18, Votivekirche
Full-size reproduction panels of the Sistine Chapel frescoes on display.
Not free, but cheaper than the train to Rome.
http://sixtinischekapelle.at/

The Naschmarkt celebrates its 100th Birthday
Friday and Saturday, 2-3 September.
Swag and samples.
https://www.facebook.com/Wir.lieben.Naschmarkt?fref=ts

Open Piano and Free Concerts
Friday thru Sunday, Museums Quartier
https://www.facebook.com/events/112201449231084/
Plus Saturday, 11 - 17.00, the WAMP designer market is back with the
theme of Radl Special.
https://www.facebook.com/WAMPvienna/

Vienna Summerbreak
Wiener Linien Night Ride, Friday, 2 September
Clubbing and transit. Then Saturday a street  parade.
Details and registration:
http://2016.viennasummerbreak.at/

Date tip!
Pic Nic in the City
Saturday and Sunday, Goldenes Quartier, 1010
Bring your own or buy a picnic to go from various participating shops.
http://goldenesquartier.com/event/pic-nic-in-the-city/

Erdäpfel Fest
Saturday and Sunday
Stockerau is paying homage to the miracle that is the potato.
https://www.facebook.com/events/269492046721763/

And coming up:
Open House Wien
Sept 10 - 11.
Part of a global event, the Vienna version will have 80 buildings open
to the public this year, including the top deck of the Hochhaus
Herrengasse, one of the best places to take pictures of 1010 rooftops.
Check out this year's sites here:
http://openhouse-wien.at/de/gebaeude.html

A.