[phd.students.socioeco] Are you wearing green?

Ann Hartell ahartell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 09:51:02 CET 2016

You better be because it's St. Patrick's Day!

You may notice some of our local monuments also be wearing green today,
including the Riesenrad after sundown. And if your name is Grün or
Green, you can ride for free today!  For the rest of us, some
alternative possibilities:

St Paddy's Day Parade
Saturday, 19 March, starts at 11.45 at Schottenstift and makes its way
to the Altes AKH.
Irish bands, Irish Wolfhounds, Irish Setters, and Irish dancing.
https://www.facebook.com/events/156924388026918/

Critical Mass
Friday 18 March, Schwartzenbergplatz
This ride will celebrate 10 years of slow jamming the streets of Vienna.
Meet up starts at 16.30, group ride departs 17.00-ish.
http://www.criticalmass.at/

Veganer Ostermarkt
Saturday and Sunday, 19-20 March, ARCOTEL Kaiserwasser, Wagramer Straße
8, 1220
Vegan lifestyle event.
http://www.ostermarktvegan.at/

Gone With the Wind
Sunday, 20 March, 12.00, Gartenbau Kino
The best movie ever, or the worst movie ever? I don't know. (But it has
launched many dissertations in feminist theory, history, Southern
studies, and probably fashion what with that curtain scene and all. )
You decide: https://youtu.be/8mM8iNarcRc
http://www.gartenbaukino.at/programdetail/program/gone-with-the-wind.html

Here's an Irish blessing for all you--the grad student version:

"May your results rise up to meet you,
May the alternative hypothesis be always at your back.
May your computer glow warm upon your face
The reviews fall soft upon your submissions.
And until we meet again,
May your committee hold you in the palm of its hand."

Sláinte!

A.

--

Doctoral Student
Institute for Multi-Level Governance and Development