[phd.students.socioeco] Invitation to Upcoming WU Institute for Ecological Economics Events

Foster Gillian Joanne gillian.joanne.foster at s.wu.ac.at
Thu Sep 3 14:09:47 CEST 2015

The Institute for Ecological Economics of the Wirschaftsuniversität Wien cordially invites you to attend our events in Winter Semester 2015.  Please save the dates and join us!

We are particularly pleased to offer you an entire day of stimulating debate and discussion from leading researchers in ecological economics at the Inaugural Event of the Institute for Ecological Economics:  Ushering in a New Era of Sustainability on October 13, 2015.

Have you ever tried a Walkshop?  Join the Regional Center of Expertise on Education for Sustainable Development (RCE) for a walk through the Green Prater with Dr. Stephen Sterling, of Plymouth University, on October 14. We'll start at the RCE for a short opening by Dr. Sterling then "think on our feet" with a 1-hour walk while discussing critical reflections on education, learning and sustainability.

Please find the full schedule below.  Feel free to forward this mail!

FYI - Registration for these events is not strictly required.  However, please register if you would like to receive readings in advance or you are not currently on our mailing list.

Best Regards,

Gillian Foster
Doctoral Student Research Seminar Coordinator
Institute for Ecological Economics
WU - Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien
Vienna University of Economics and Business
Email: gillian.joanne.foster at s.wu.ac.at
Telephone: +43 676 795 0318

Research Seminars and Public Lectures on Ecological Economics
Wirschaftsuniversität Wien / Vienna University of Economics and Business
Winter Semester 2015

Date

Time

Location

Speaker

Topic

Sept.
 24

14:15-
17:15

EA.6.032

Marina Fischer-Kowalsky
Institute for Social Ecology, Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt
&
Dr. Armin Reller
Chair of Resource Strategies, Augsburg University

The Anthropocene: Humans' lock-in with fossil fuels, and their lock-out.

Topic to be announced

Sept.
29

16:00-17:30

AD.Sitzsungs-saal 1

Dr. Maurie Cohen
New Jersey Institute of Technology

The Illusory Promises of the Sharing Economy
(Part of the SEEP Kick-off Event 2015)

Oct.
 13

9:00-17:00

LC Club Raum

Inaugural Event of the Institute of Ecological Economics:
Ushering in a New Era of Sustainability

The Institute of Ecological Economics brings together leading international researchers and the Ecological Economics community in Vienna for a stimulating day of debate and discussion.  With:  Peter Victor, York University; Stephen Sterling, Plymouth University; Anna Coote, New Economics Foundation; Kevin Anderson, University of Manchester; Marina Fischer, Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt; Joanne Linnerooth-Bayer; IIASA

Oct. 14

  9:30 -11:30

EA - RCE

Walkshop with Stephen Stirling

Walk the Green Prater while discussing learning & sustainability

Register to confirm your attendance and to receive readings for all seminars on http://www.wu.ac.at/ecolecon/news/events/ -  Click on the registration button.  Or email   gillian.joanne.foster at s.wu.ac.at