[phd.students.socioeco] Op-ed on interdisciplinary research

Ann Hartell ahartell at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 09:27:14 CEST 2015

Snip:

"What if the challenges of interdisciplinary work are less to do with
obvious structural issues, and more to do with fuzzy, opaque zones of
feelings, emotions and social interaction? What if interdisciplinarity
is hard not so much because everyone has their own perspective, and
distinctive methods, but because everyone has differing levels of access
to power, influence and money? How would our understanding of – and
capacity to improve – interdisciplinary research change if we focused
less on funders and journals and universities, and more on the mundane,
day-to-day lives of collaborative researchers?"

http://www.theguardian.com/science/political-science/2015/oct/14/why-its-time-to-get-real-about-interdisciplinary-research

Article includes a link to the writers' open access book on the topic.

Ann

--

Doctoral Student
Institute for Multi-Level Governance and Development