[phd.students.socioeco] Out and About: Pride Week edition!

Ann Hartell ahartell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 10:50:04 CEST 2015

Oh my goodness! All that sunshine distracted me there for a bit. Time to
get back to business.

Our city is planning a very busy weekend for us:

_Pride Week!_
Thru Sunday, Pride Village at the Rathausplatz.
Saturday afternoon is the Regenbogen Parade. Whether you turn out to
walk or gawk, it's an amazing event.
Details here:
http://www.viennapride.at/wordpress/programm
University of Vienna will be conducting 'Rainbow Tours' of their campus
thru tomorrow.
http://event.univie.ac.at/fuehrungen/fuehrungen-mit-guide/regenbogenfuehrungen

_Rund um die Berg_
Friday and Saturday, 19-20 June, Burgtheater
Author event. Program here:
http://www.rundumdieburg.at/home/start

_Wiener Radparade_
Sunday, 21 June.
Departs from Burgtheater at noon, ends with a mass picnic in the
Prater.  Go play in the street.
Last year:
https://youtu.be/vxavph_LAOI
Details for 2015 including the route here:
http://www.radparade.at/

_Volxkino_
Coming to a roof, platz, or hof near you:
http://volxkino.at/events/kategorie/volxkino/

_"Uneven Growth: Tactical Urbanism for Expanding Megacities" _
Exhibit at the MAK, now thru September.
Tours on the weekends for the committed.
Free admission on Tuesdays, from 18 - 22.00 for the broke.
http://www.mak.at/jart/prj3/mak/main.jart?content-id=1343388632770&rel=de&article_id=1419779770277&event_id=1421423928992

_Coming up next week:_

"The Future of Higher Education in the 21st Century"
Amerika Haus, 1010 Wien
Workshop sponsored by the Austrian Fulbright Commission and the US Embassy.
Register by email before 22 June. Details here:
https://gallery.mailchimp.com/c0140240373ef6fbe2039e714/files/Future_of_Higher_Education_Workshop_June_25_2015_AH.pdf

BONUS TRACK:
an archived video from a recent talk by Claus Offe at the IWM titled,
"Varieties of Inequality. What Can Be Done About Them and Why It Must Be
Done".
http://www.iwm.at/events/event/varieties-of-inequality/

Abrazos,
Ann

--

Doctoral Student
Institute for Multi-Level Governance and Development