[phd.students.socioeco] Call for Papers & Design Awards Competition

Ann Hartell ahartell at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 12:09:46 CET 2015

Call for papers and design competition for international conference.
Themes include equity, sustainability, architecture, planning, and
economics.

Link:
http://www.livablecities.org/conferences/53rd-conference-rome
----

This is a gentle reminder that the *December 20^th deadline* is coming
up for those interested in submitting *Paper Proposal* or a project for
the *Design Awards Competition* at the 53^rd International Making Cities
Livable Conference.

The 53^rd IMCL Conference on *Caring for Our Common Home: Sustainable,
Just Cities & Settlements, *will take place in Rome, Italy, June 13-17,
2016.

*Paper proposals:* Please submit a 250 word abstract for consideration
before *December 20*, 2015. Early submissions receive priority. Please
submit online, at:
http://www.livablecities.org/conferences/53rd-conference-rome/call-papers

We invite submissions for the *Design Awards Competition. *Deadline for
submission is *December 20*.** IMCL is looking for designs that make our
cities more equitable and sustainable ­ see
http://www.livablecities.org/conferences/53rd-conference-rome/design-awards-competition

At this conference, we will share knowledge of the effects of the built
environment on the health of humans and the earth; foster
interdisciplinary collaboration on real sustainable and equitable
practices; and define a universal charter for improving the built
environment.

We must make our cities healthy, just and sustainable for all humans and
for the earth. The world must take action NOW to combat climate change
and social inequity.

Join us in Rome to change the way we shape our cities. I look forward to
seeing you at the most stimulating, exciting, and challenging IMCL
Conference ever.

With best regards,

Suzanne H. Crowhurst Lennard, Ph.D.(Arch.)

Director, International Making Cities Livable Conferences