[phd.students.socioeco] Upcoming Ecological Economics Research Seminars

Foster Gillian Joanne gillian.joanne.foster at s.wu.ac.at
Wed Apr 29 15:28:30 CEST 2015

Dear Colleagues,

Please save the dates and plan to attend the following seminars. We have a captivating mixture of researchers and topics including political science, climate resilience, and energy innovation.

The table below provides an overview of all of the currently planned seminars.  I will send out individual invitations for each event too.  Also, I will send the speakers relevant papers for each of the events once you register.

Please feel free to forward this email!

Best Regards,

Gillian Foster

Doctoral Student - Research Seminar Coordinator

Institute for Ecological Economics

Vienna University of Economics and Business

(Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien)

telephone: +43 676 795 0318

Research Seminars and Public Lectures on Ecological Economics

Summer Semester 2015

? ? ? ?
Date    Time    Location        Speaker Topic
April 15        16.00-18.00     D4.3.106

Dr. Jim Boyce

University of Massachusetts Amherst

Distributional Considerations in Climate Policy Design:

Air Quality Co-Benefits and Carbon Rent Capture

May 21  13:00-15:00     TC.5.27

Dr. Jim Skea

Professor of Sustainable Energy at Imperial College London, United Kingdom
        Resurgence of Innovation in the Energy Sector
(to be confirmed)

May 27  15:00-17:00     D2.03.374

Dr. Jens Wissel

Institut für Sozialforschung an der Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universität, Germany

Politische Krise und Neoliberale Hegemonie in der EU. Deutschland und Spanien im Vergleich

(Seminar in German)

June 3  15:00-17:00     TC. 4.15

Dr. John Handmer

RMIT University, Australia
        A Typology of Resilience: Rethinking Institutions for Sustainable Development

Winter Semester 2015 ? ? ? ?

Sept.

 24

16:00-18:00
        TBD

Dr. Armin Reller

Chair of Resource Strategies

Augsburg University, Germany
        Topic to be announced

October 15      9:00-17:00      LC Club Raum

Inaugural Event of the Institute of Ecological Economics

(SAVE THE DATE)
        The Institute of Ecological Economics brings together leading international researchers and the Ecological Economics community in Vienna for a stimulating day of debate and discussion.

Registration for all seminars on
http://www.wu.ac.at/ecolecon/news/events/ -  Please click on the registration button.  You will receive an email confirming your attendance with readings.