[phd.students.socioeco] Tuesday, October 14 :)

Gillian J. Foster gillianjfoster at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 8 13:34:05 CEST 2014

Hi All,

Thanks Karin for doing the doodle and the planning.  Unfortunately, I have a class exactly then, so can't make it.

But I still want to raise three issues for discussion and perhaps we can do it in email too.  SO,

1) Writers Groups - I would like to suggest that we organize Writers Groups.  Totally informal but a way to keep us on track and try out ideas and get input for anything we are writing.  The topics do not need to be too similar.  Perhaps, most of you do this already but since my circle is rather small, I would like to reach out to a couple other struggling minions like me.         You can reach me on gillianjfoster at yahoo.com and my number is 0676 795 0318. If anyone is interested in forming a small writers group with me, please give me a call.

2) Would you like to attend a presentation from the human resource office on how to get hired in academia and on how professors are evaluated?  I would.  Please discuss at the meeting.  If there is interest, I volunteer to get a speaker and plan it.

3) I would like to raise a general discussion about co-authoring papers and ask if there is anyone who would like to co-author with me.  I wish I could be at the meeting to hear what everyone is doing and hopefully, find someone who is also interested in co-authoring.  But since I can't be there and may not see most of you for a while, I raise the question now. Besides my dissertation stuff, I am interested in environment, sustainability, metrics (I know that's vague).   Would anyone like to meet to discuss some ideas?

Best regards and have a great start to the semester,

Gillian