[phd.students.socioeco] Upcoming Conferences: Urban Ecology and Quality of Life Studies

Hartell, Ann ann.hartell at wu.ac.at
Thu Mar 20 09:36:40 CET 2014

Two interesting conference opportunities for this fall!

Dear colleagues,

We are pleased to invite you to take part in the 4th International Conference „Ecology of Urban Areas 2014“ held in October 2014 in Hunting Manor „Kaštel – Ečka“ near Zrenjanin, Republic of Serbia.

This year we are planning a two day conference where papers will be presented on the first day. Open table discussion and tourist trip to Imperial Pond are planned for the second day.

In the attachment we are sending the first call, and we invite you to visit the conference website for more information.
http://www.tfzr.rs/urbaneco/

Best regards,
Ph.D Milan Pavlovic,
Dean of Technical Faculty “Mihailo Pupin” Zrenjanin,
University of Novi Sad, Republic of Serbia
Greetings,

I hope you'll consider participating in the International Society for Quality of
Life Studies' conference on sustaining quality of life across the globe, to be
held in Berlin in September. It would be so beneficial to have more planners join
our interdisciplinary group of scholars. The call is posted below (note that
planning is related to many of the conference call areas).

Rhonda Phillips, Ph.D., AICP
President, ISQOLS
www.isqols.org<http://www.isqols.org>

THE QUALITY OF LIFE CONFERENCE
Sustaining Quality of Life across the Globe
ISQOLS 2014 Free University Berlin, September 15 – 18, 2014
Conference Website: www.isqols.org/berlin2014<http://www.isqols.org/berlin2014>

Call for Papers
The International Society for Quality-of-Life Studies (ISQOLS) and the Free
University Berlin (FU Berlin) invite researchers from all disciplines, policy makers
and practitioners from across the globe to participate in the 2014 Quality of
Life Conference “Sustaining Quality of Life across the Globe”. We invite you to
join an exciting convening of quality of life thinkers September 15-18, 2014.
This interdisciplinary ISQOLS conference will be hosted at the Free University in
Berlin, Germany in conjunction with the departments of psychology, sociology,
and economics. More details about the topics, sessions, fees, and publication
opportunities are available at www.isqols.org/berlin2014<http://www.isqols.org/berlin2014>.

ISQOLS is a multidisciplinary society encouraging the pursuit of quality of life
studies and application. This international group convenes regularly to share
ideas and findings, and actively supports the dissemination of findings and
thoughts via its journal and newsletter, Applied Research in Quality of Life, and
Social Indicators Network News as well as its allied publications (see
www.isqols.org/resources/publications<http://www.isqols.org/resources/publications>). We encourage all disciplines and
perspectives to join us to promote quality of life globally via research, policy,
and partnerships. Come explore new horizons in quality of life with us.

Conference Theme and Topics:
Our theme is “Sustaining Quality of Life across the Globe” and we welcome
papers from all related disciplines. Submissions on issues of happiness, well-
being, and any dimension of quality of life are welcome.
Theoretical and Philosophical Foundations
 Foundations for quality of life and happiness
 Views on quality of life in new philosophical approaches (e.g., capability
approach, new realism)
 New impacts of neurosciences and behavioral sciences on quality of life
 Preservation of living conditions and intergenerational justice

Economics and Empirical Applications
 Causes and consequences in happiness and quality of life
 Social indicators – instruments for the improvement and preservation of
quality of life
 Living conditions and life domains
 Living conditions and quality of life over the life cycle

Databases and Methods
 Statistical methods and multidimensional applications for measurement of
quality of life
 New survey methods for the measurement of happiness and quality of life
 Databases and -sources

Community and Regional Perspectives, and Global Trends
 Quality of life in the local and regional environment including community well-
being, planning, and development
 Trends in poverty, inequality and the distribution of living conditions in
cross-national perspectives
 Global impacts (increasing world population, global economics, limits of
resources) on the distribution of living conditions within and between countries

Everyday Life Experiences and Political Debates
 Applications for the indication and improvement of living conditions in
everyday life
 Best practices and institutional settings for the preservation of living
conditions
 Civil society, welfare state, suffering and resilience, and well-being
 Beyond GDP – review of debates and agenda for action

How to Submit Your Proposal
Please submit your proposed abstract of approximately 500 words with a list of
3-5 keywords using the following e-mail: berlin2014 at isqols.org<mailto:berlin2014 at isqols.org>. If you intend to
organize a session, please contact us directly at berlin2014 at isqols.org<mailto:berlin2014 at isqols.org>. For
new sessions we need a proposal of 500-1000 words together with a list of
potential papers. All submitted abstracts and session proposals will be reviewed
by established ISQOLS members in collaboration with the conference
organizers. There will be the opportunity to submit your paper for publication
consideration in a special issue and book volume. More information will be
available at www.isqols.org/berlin2014<http://www.isqols.org/berlin2014>.

Deadlines:
Conference Date: September 15–18, 2014 at the Henry Ford Building of the
Free University Berlin, Germany
Submission of Abstracts: May 1, 2014
Announcement of Acceptance: May 30, 2014
Registration: June 1-August 31, 2014
Late Registration: September 1, 2014-conference (late registration fees)