[D4.research] Introducing the project "collaborative consumption" and the project team

Hartl, Barbara barbara.hartl at wu.ac.at
Mi Mai 10 08:37:37 CEST 2017

Dear colleagues,

as new employees of the WU, we would like to introduce ourselves and our project "Collaborative Consumption - Trust, power and cooperation" (https://www.wu.ac.at/collaborative-consumption/; website currently under development), funded by the Austrian Science Fund and related to the Competence Center for Empirical Research Methods.

The project started on the beginning of May 2017 and will last for three years. During this time, we - Eva Hofmann, Barbara Hartl, Sarah Marth, and Thomas Sabitzer - will investigate how power of authorities providing collaborative goods impact trust and cooperation in collaborative consumption and the sharing economy. We will do this using a multi-method approach (focus groups, online questionnaire, laboratory experiments, and field experiment).

If you have any questions or comments, we would be happy if you visit us at our office (D4 1.155) or contact us via mail.

In the following, we would like to introduce our team:

Dr. Eva Hofmann (Project leader; eva.hofmann at wu.ac.at) is a research associate at Coventry Universty, UK, and will work part-time as project leader in the project. Before starting in this project Eva was a post doc researcher at the Department of Applied Psychology: Work, Education and Economy at the University of Vienna, where she leaded the Austrian Science Fund funded project "The impact of power of authorities on trust in authorities and consequences on tax cooperation". Eva has experience in qualitative (focus groups, interviews) and quantative research  (experiments, surveys) and has published in several international peer-reviewed journals.

Mag. Dr. Barbara Hartl (barbara.hartl at wu.ac.at<mailto:barbara.hartl at wu.ac.at>) is employed as a post doc research assistant at the Johannes Kepler University Linz (JKU) and will work in the project part-time as a post-doc project collaborator. Barbara was a research and teaching assistant at the Department of Applied Psychology: Work, Education and Economy at the University of Vienna, where she received her doctoral degree in social sciences. She has gained experience in developing, conducting and analyzing both qualitative and quantitative studies and has profound knowledge in using SPSS, STATA, NVivo, and MaxQDA. She has published articles on cooperaion, trust and collaborative consumption in several peer-reviewed journals.

Sarah Marth, MSc (sarah.marth at wu.ac.at<mailto:sarah.marth at wu.ac.at>) is a doctoral student at the Department of International Marketing Management and will work in the project part-time as a prae-doc project collaborator. She studied Psychology at the University of Vienna and gained experience in research methods during her work as a student assistant at the Department of Applied Psychology: Work, Education and Economy.

Mag. Thomas Sabitzer (thomas.sabitzer at wu.ac.at) is a postgraduate at the Institute for International Markteting Management at the Vienna University of Economics and Business and works part-time on the project as prae-doc project collaborator. He studied psychology at the University of Vienna and worked as student assistant at the Department of Applied Psychology:  Work, Education and Economy.

Kind regards,

Barbara Hartl

on behalf of the team